23 April 2007

Anastasia


Just a couple of hours ago, I took out my VCD collection and cleaned them. They were dusty. All of the cartoon are my favourite cartoon collection including anime. As I was cleaning them, "Anastasia" (from 20th century fox animation studio) had caught my attention and once again, I watched it. The story line is interesting and I never bored watching it.

Well, my dear reader, blogger and visitor, have you ever heard of the Mystery Of Anastasia? I just read some articles about her and it was interesting. I never knew that Anastasia existed! I thought it was just a fantasy story.

Anastasia Nikolaevna is the youngest daughter of Emperor Nicholas II of Russia, the last Sovereign of Imperial Russia. On 17th July 1918, the whole family was killed by the forces of the Bolshevik secret police accept Anastasia (according to rumors). Since then, several women have claimed to have been Anastasia and Anna Anderson was the most famous among them.

Anderson's stories sounds to be so true at first. She created a life-long controversy and make everyone including her relatives to believe she was Anastasia. She went to the court since 1938 to fight for her identity as Anastasia. However, in 1970 she lost because she didn't have sufficient proof to claim the identity of the grand duchess.

The court was right. She is the fake Anastasia. She dead in 1984 and DNA a test conducted in 1994 on a her tissue sample . The DNA test showed that she is not Anastasia.

The mystery of Anastasia is intriguing. I hope the scientists will find the real Anastasia soon. And here is my favourite song of the Anastasia cartoon. I love the lyric. It motivates me to keep on tracking my dreams. I hope it can motivate you too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Aaliyah
Song: Journey to the Past



Heart, don't fail me now!

Courage, don't desert me!
Don't turn back now that we're here
People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions fear!
Or how the world can seem so vast
On this journey...to the past

Somewhere down this road
I know someone's waiting
Years of dreams just can't be wrong
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted
Fin'lly home where I belong
Well starting now, I'm learning fast
On this journey...to the past

Heart don't fail me now!
Courage don't desert me!

Home, Love, Family
There was once a time
I must have had them too
Home, Love, Family
I will never be complete
Until I find you...

One step at a time,
One hope, then another
Who knows where this road may go
Back to who I was
On to find my future,
Things my heart still needs to know
Yes, let this be a sign!
Let this road be mine!
Let it lead me to my past
Courage see me through
Heart I'm trusting you
To bring me home...
At last!
At last!
Courage see me through
Heart I'm trusting you
yea..



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------