08 June 2008

Love, From Penang

I love my granny in Penang a lot!
Muacks muacks.

Look at what she has sent to me!!!


Well, I know they look a bit messy in this photo. It's ok. We can play a small guessing games here. Good idea? Haha.. So what kind of stuff will a lovely grandmother send to her grand daughter who live far far away from her? (well, KL is not that far I guess.. haha..)
Let's make a good guess on this.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ikan Masin? (dried salted fish)
Fruits? (Like banana, papaya and durian? wow..)
Homemake biscuit? ( she doesn't know how to make this)
Gold? (Hey, this doesn't make sense at all!)
Diamond? (Ok, stop guessing)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

If one of your answer is pointing to this.... I guess, YOU'RE CORRECT!


Yup.
It's rice dumpling or is well known as "Bak Chang" among the Chinese community. Ohh... It's so tempting. Can I have a bite right now?
:P

Looking at this bunch of "bak chang", it has reminded me about my mum's mother. Let's call her granny. Few year backs, when I was still staying with her, I used to help her making dumpling. It's a hard task for me and time consuming as well. The proses of making the rice is easy but not the wrapping proses . Oh.. No no no... I can't wrap even a single one. They will drop and I don't understand why? Hmph.... :(

Here are some of my 'evidences' in showing that I did help my granny.. Haha..





It was about four years ago and look at my nerdy look. Haha.. I guess some of you've never seen me in short hair. Did I change a lot?

Yes?
No???

Do let me know your answer. It's fun to get some responses from you... :P
Other than my granny's homemake "Bak Chang", she sent me a bunch of sugar canes as well. They are FRESH!
Viippeeeeeeee!


And my mum just couldn't wait any longer once the sugar canes were left on the table. She 'slaughtered' it and start chewing for juice. OMG! Mum. How could you forget about me? Left some for me!!!


My father's mother (let's call her grandma) is still staying with us till my semester break ends. Her right arm is broken and need a strict care from us. We have to control her meal. Wait a minute. That's mean, no dumpling for her? Sob... it's unfair!

Anyway, curryegg get this mischievous thought. She may not eat, but can snap a happy photo with the bak chang right?
So.. this is it...


Hugs...
Love you granny and grandma.. ;)