14 November 2008

Searching For New Camera, HELP!

Dear oh dear...

Days without my babey (digital camera) are so dull. I can't stand facing this dull life any longer. I miss my babey! I want it! Ever since dad brought my Sony babey to home from a lucky draw event, we feel like a family. The bond is so strong between my family and my babey and I thought we will never be apart. Gosh! Too much of sentimental feeling here.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new digital camera from Sony as I don't wanna waste my memory sticks and battery. I can use them again right?

Here are a few models which have caught my eyes. Do give me your opinion if you're a digital camera expert. I need one. Emmmm.... So, let see the model shall we?

Among all the models available in Sony starting from H series, S series, T series and W series, I prefer the T series. I guess I love the design, bright colour and most importantly, it is blogging friendly. Well, I am a blogger right? Hahaha...

So, there are 5 of them and here is the list:

T Series - DSC-T2/L


Summary:
The generous 4GB internal memory turns the Cyber-shot T2 into a digital photo album, allowing you to store and share your pictures on the go. To help you organise these photos, it comes with a state-of-the-art Automatic Images Management System.


Features:
  • 4GB Internal Memory
  • Photo Album & Scrapbook
  • Smile Shutter
  • Face Detection Technology
  • 8.1 Mega Pixels with Super HAD CCD
  • 2.7" Touch Screen LCD
  • Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar Lens with 3x Optical Zoom
  • BIONZ Image Processing Engine
  • Super SteadyShot
  • HD Slide Show with Select Music Playback
  • 1 cm Macro Mode
  • High Definition Output (for still image)

Retail price: RM999.00


My Comment:
Seriously, this model is not bad. I love this colour! However, I would prefer something slimmer and most importantly better lens for zoom. 3X optical zoom should be alright and there is super steady shot! How about anti-blur? Lets see the other one.


T Series - DSC-T70/W





Summary:
The uber-cool Cyber-shot T70 combines clever innovation with true style, introducing you to the new Smile shutter feature and stunning sleek Touch Screen technology. Get ready to have the time of your life as it brings you on a sensational journey that promises to leave you smiling all day long.

Features:
  • 8.1 Mega Pixels with Super HAD CCD
  • Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 3x Optical Zoom
  • 3" 16:9 Wide & Touch LCD Screen
  • Smile Shutter
  • Bionz Image Processing Engine
  • Super SteadyShot
  • High ISO3200 Sensitivity with Clear RAW Noise Reduction
  • Sleek Styling
  • Multi-Resizing
  • Wide Zoom Display output
  • MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
  • HD Slide Show with Select Music Playback
  • 1 cm Macro Mode
  • Face Detection Technology
  • High Definition Output (for still image)

Retail price: RM1,099.00

Comment: Honestly, this model is not bad. Slimmer and cool design. Besides, RM1,099 should be alright as I can slowly save up money before Chinese New Year. But sadly, the lenses is only 3X optical zoom.. :(

T Series - DSC-T77/G




Summary:
10.1 Mega Pixel resolution, Optical SteadyShot image stabiliser, Smile Shutters, Face Detection and a bright, 3.0" LCD touch screen for reviewing your photos with ease. The stylish DSC-T77 delivers excellent functionality in an ultra-slim body.


Features:

  • 10.1 Mega Pixels with Super HAD CCD
  • Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 4x Optical Zoom
  • 3.0" Full Wide Touch Screen LCD
  • BIONZ Image Processing Engine
  • Double “Anti-blur” Solution: Optical SteadyShot and ISO 3200 High Sensitivity
  • Improved Face Detection Technology for Children and Adults
  • Smile Shutter
  • Intelligent Scene Recognition
  • In-camera retouching
  • HD Slide Show with Select Music Playback

Retail price: RM1,299.00

My Comment: I love this green and this model! Look! 10.1 mega pixels!!!!! Much better! But what is the Super HAD CCD means? And hey! 4X optical zoom and double "Anti-blur" solution! Gosh! This is what I want! Hey! And music playback too? Gosh!

Buuutt.... sigh.. RM1,299.00 is kinda expensive for me. Any sponsor for a quarter or more of this amount?

T Series - DSC-T700/P





Summary:
The ultra-slim and stylish DSC-T700 with its 4GB Internal Memory, 10.1 Mega Pixel resolution, 4x optical zoom, and cutting-edge functionality promises a fantastic photographic experience from shooting pictures to viewing them.

Features:

  • 4GB Internal Memory
  • 10.1 Mega Pixels with Super HAD CCD
  • Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 4x Optical Zoom
  • 3.5" Full Wide Touch Screen LCD
  • BIONZ Image Processing Engine
  • Double “Anti-blur” Solution: Optical SteadyShot and ISO 3200 High Sensitivity
  • Improved Face Detection Technology for Children and Adults
  • Smile Shutter
  • Intelligent Scene Recognition
  • Photo Album & Scrapbook
  • HD Slide Show with Select Music Playback
Retail price: RM1,499.00


My Comment: Oh my! I love this pink. It's so striking. It is slim and wow! 3.5" full wide touch screen LCD? Wait. With 4GB internal memory? Heck! The price is like... woaahhhh!! Way too much dear... I need a sponsor for at least half of this amount.. :(

T Series - DSC-T300/R






Summary:
Thanks to 5x optical zoom and ample 10 Mega Pixel resolution, users can shoot subjects with clear, stunning results. Face Detection technology, including the popular Smile Shutter feature, has been further enhanced, contributing to beautiful photos.


Features:
  • 10.1 Mega Pixels with Super HAD CCD
  • Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 5x Optical Zoom
  • 3.5" 16:9 Wide & Touch LCD Screen
  • BIONZ Image Processing Engine
  • Double “Anti-blur” Solution: Super SteadyShot and ISO 3200 High Sensitivity
  • Improved Face Detection Technology for Children and Adults
  • Smile Shutter
  • Intelligent Scene Recognition
  • New Underwater Mode adjusts white balance in water
  • HD Slide Show with Select Music Playback
  • Automatic Macro Shooting

Retail Price: RM1,599.00


My comment: Ahhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... 5X optical zoom? Wait wait wait.... with underwater mode as well? Are you sure? I can go diving together with this digital camera? Slap me please!

*ouch*

Eikss!

The DSC-T300/R is so much better with underwater mode! Slap me again!

I can't effort something like.. RM 1,600! It's too expensive and I can't effort it. It's like a DSLR price. Sigh.... the reason why I don't get a DSLR is because of its price. I can get one around RM1,500. Of course it is better than normal digital camera. However, no one will feel complete without external flash and lenses (even a tripod). So, when we add up all the cost, it will be around RM2500++

In order to save myself from being broke, it's better for me to get a normal digital camera. By the way, I can't imagine myself bringing the bulky DSLR together with me in the shopping mall, food court, cinema and even party.

So, a light digital cam is good enough for me. Wait until I work and start travelling the world. Then I will consider buying a DSLR.. hihihi..... :)

Right now, I am thinking of T700 (the pink of) as it is so cool! better mega pixels, 4X optical zoom and 4GB of internal memory. Ahhwwww..... I want this! But frankly, RM 1,500 is expensive. Maybe I shall pick the T70 - RM 1,099. At least, the features are much better than my previous one - my babey..

Well, if you have any suggestion, do let me know. Or if you know where I can get a cheaper price for this product or discount, do leave a comment or email me. I need an expert in this case.
Thank you.

:)