31 October 2007

Halloween Day VS Hungry Ghost Festival?

Halloween day sounds so strange to me.
This festival has never came across to my mind until recently, I saw posts from other bloggers who blog about it. Well, of course I saw it in the TV show before. Lol...

I am wondering, will there be any differences between the Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival and the Western Halloween Day? What's the difference? Both are about invisible creatures.

Maybe, the differences are about the customs?


Western custom.
Chinese traditional custom.

The way they celebrate?

Pumpkins

Grave

Halloween party?
(Photo credit Destination360 Halloween Las Vegas"

While the Chinese will do the offering, praying and burning those 'gold paper'.

Maybe, there will be differences for the words G-H-O-S-T?

But what I am sure is that, the Chinese won't have....

Ghost which is ROCK!!! Haha....

But... the Chinese will have this....
Scary look from the Chinese ghost...... Lol...

Anyway, what are the similarities? I don't have any idea. I think, both festivals are about..... shhh..... Spirits... Ghosts.... Muahaha........

Okok... both have cute ghost.. like these:




Stop blabbing now. Haha...
Well, Happy Halloween Day my friends. Hope that you're not being frighten by me. kekekez.... Bye... ^^