15 April 2012

Passion in Photography Since Three

I am always passionate about photography since I was very small. My parents knew about it, especially my dad. It all begins from this very first photo taken by me when I was about… em…. three?

 dadmumedit First attempt – Failed!
I think dad was saying, “Girl.. more to the right.. to the right..”. Lol.

dadphotoedit

2nd attempt – Better~
*happy*

I still remember how I cried and insisted to hold the camera and take my parents’ photo because I wanted to role modeling my dad (dad added on that we were at Botanical Garden. Lol.. he still remember when I asked just now!). My dad, who was our family photographer was reluctant to allow me to hold the camera. Well, logically I was too small for sophisticated gadget like that. What if it falls into the water? Or dropped onto the floor? Haha…  I didn’t, ok? I was born as a pro man! =D

 

mummymeedit

I was at this age. My mum was skinny and gorgeous =D

 

It was a film camera during that era and I was nervously waiting for the result when dad returned from the printing shop. I have good memory back then! Once dad showed me the result.. I was so proud with myself. I jumped around the living hall, showing happily the result to my parents. Ever since then, mum and dad allow me to use the family’s camera – and now.. I have my own baby. Yeay!

 

Have I introduce my 60 Deggie yet?
No? How can?

photoftheday3My very first DSLR – Canon D60

curryegg1

 

My first photography adventure using my new toy started from my cousin’s wedding. I was ‘hired’ to help her to capture every memorable moments so that she can keep them for a long, long time. Of course, I am honored to be able to help. However, I wasn’t a good photographer yet (I don’t think I am good even now).

 

wedding1

photoftheday4e

Photo taken by Mac (cousin) and I think he is a pro! *Jealous*


He took so much better probably because I look good in the photo. Haha.. But honestly, I like it. So ya, I was the photographer in red semi cheong sam during that special event. I realize to be a photographer, it is rare to appear in photos. This was the only one I appeared in my own camera  T_T

 

It doesn’t take long to realize that I actually love taking portrait photos. With my new 50mm lenses, it does wonder. I could create and capture the type of photos I want. Natural expression is what I admire the most. So far, here are my ‘lucky models’… =D

 

alice1

alice2

ellane11

shuhuan1

shuhuan

june1

beishan2

aiwin2

Jane1

Calv1

steve2

 

I enjoy looking at how good my friends appear in the photos I took. It brings unconscious joy and pleasure and I still couldn’t figure why? Years before this, I like to see myself in photos. I will stare and observe every part of me whenever I was free. Sound freaky eh? But years after that, it turns out vice versa.

 

Now that I have facebook, the satisfaction of knowing how my friends like my masterpiece tripled! The more ‘likes’ + comments i received, the happier I become. I don’t know is this some kinds of narcissistic syndrome. Well, I can’t help when I could see my friends liked the photos that I took and edited =D

 

Such as these:

 

photoftheday6

photoftheday8 family

 

Personally, I love capturing happy moment of an individual or a group of individuals. Those natural and genuine smiles bring out the inner beauty of the person(s). That is why, I love taking random and spontaneous photos (when you least expected! So beware…) because that is when you capture the best moment of a person.

 

Unlike this…. =_=

 

mebabyedit 

Dad has different interest compared to mine….
That is why, my dad has retired from becoming the main photographer of the family ever since the rise of curryegg.  Haha… Oopss.

 

P/s: I think I am sexier when I was small compare to now. Why ar?