09 September 2009

The 090909 - Marry Me?

Like what I have expected, most people will treat today 9th September 2009 seriously as it is a special date or I called it the easy-to-be-remembered date. The awareness of such sequence had never come into my mind, until few years back, when a few friends of mine sent forwarded sms to me, reminding me that the particular date is worth to be remembered:


06.06.06
.
.
07.07.07
.
.
.
08.08.08
.
.
.
.

and now
.
.
.
.
.
.
09.09.09



Being amazed with such number, I started to take note with such date for the next following years. I believe it will be a once-in-a-life-time experience because once we are in year 2013 and onwards, such sequence will not appear again. Well, it will if we have an extremely long life span in which we can live until the next century: Year 3000. Then, it will start all over again from 01.01.01 till 12.12.12.


Amazing uh?
Or sound stupid?


=____=


Anyway, how you perceive the date is depends on how you give meaning to it. If you think such date makes perfect day, then it will be perfect. If you think it is wonderful, it will be wonderful. Of course, if you think the other way round, it will be vice versa. And, if you don't think today has any different compare with the rest of 364 days, then it will be an ordinary day for you. Either one is OK and there is no right or wrong.



How about me?


Me? Well, I feel that today (09.09.09) is just like any other ordinary day of mine, simple and happy. There is nothing extra-ordinary things happened - I guess. I woke up at 6.30am, switched on the radio MyFM and heard there were 200 couples waiting at Tian Hao Gong (A Chinese Temple in Kuala Lumpur) to get married. Whooaa.... Next, attended classes at 8am, reached home at 6pm, watched drama at 8-10.30pm and now sitting in front of my computer, reflecting what I had done today.


Well, well, well... There is one thing which I am proud with myself which is I have been 'hired' as the photographer for Suet Wei's assignment. I searched for the photography spot (uni colour background and good lighting), grabbed models and instructed them to pose a few of seductive pose.


*cough*
*cough*



Ok la. I am just pulling your leg. I was just being a helper for my friend, helping her to snap a few portrait photos and not that I instruct people lor... haha.. Anyway, the experience was fun because models, part-time photographer (me) and 'the manager' worked together compassionately in that 15minutes.


In the end, the result was pretty good as I managed to spot a few fabulous photos in my manager's digital camera.. :)



Sorry to say that I can't load any pictures from the photo shooting as it is P&C (I have to ask from my manager. lol..). Anyway, there is a picture which I managed to ask my dear friend, Asha to capture it for me when my coursemates and I were acting crazily around, grabbing and forcing each other to join group photo.


A photo in my class


Photos from Wan Yong. Thanks dear.. :)



The Ammar.


The big family.. :D
But a few people missing.. aikss..


Me and Letchu.. ;)



I believe it is the impact from today's date: 09.09.09.
It seemed like we didn't wanna miss any chance to be together and tried our best to capture the happiest moment we could portray both in reality and in picture.


Friendship Long Long (Forever), k?

:)



Now, back to our 09.09.09 story.
I know, most of the Chinese would love to pick today as a special date for romance as it means forever and unconditional. I wonder, do we have to rely on the date to secure a long-term relationship? Or do we have to choose an easy-to-be-remembered date so that the spouse (especially the male) wouldn't forget the wedding anniversary easily? Or is it picking such date is like following the crowds?


Found this sentimental photo from Edwin Tan's blog which was uploaded today . I would love to share it here. Photo: Link



Well, this is a very subjective question and there is no definite answer. So, voice yourself people. I wish to hear from you. What do you say?


Why do you pick such date to get married?
1) For security
2) Easy to be remembered
3) Following the crowds/trends
4) Other.