26 August 2010

Two Moons On 27.8.2010?

I just received an email regarding to ‘Two Moons on 27 August 2010” from a friend. The first question struck my mind, “IS THIS TRUE???”

 


MARK

YOUR DIARY/CALENDAR

ONLY ONCE IN YOUR LIFETIME

 

Two moons on 27th August 2010

image001

 

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for............. 
Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles off earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.

 

The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

 

Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again.

 

 

Just the other day, Shan and I were admiring the bright, round moon from different direction (she was looking from location A while me location B). I reminded myself that I should be ready with a camera next month, hoping to watch the brightest moon for the entire year because according to the Chinese Lunar Calender, it should be one. We called it the Latern Festival or Mooncake Festival. Yum~

 

So, my point is… I didn’t expect to receive such a news! 2 moons will appear tomorrow at 12.30am? Wait.. or is it later? Now I’m confuse. Maybe I should check out the sky later or any expert here? Do let me know.

 

thankiuvelimuch <3