18 December 2007

The Golden Compass Freaky Competition


Want a stuffed polar bear?
Good question. Of course I want it silly! How can I not wanting it when my mum is 'ordering' me to win her the cute polar bear? I should blame the AllMalaysia Bloggers Project for running the The Golden Compass Contest starting from 13 December 2007 till 23 December 2007 which has indirectly attracted my mum and I. We've made a deal. If I manage to win the first prize in the contest, she will take the bear and I will get:



  • The Golden Compass storybook
  • A deck of cards
  • A lunch cooler
  • A pewter key chain
  • Double movie passes!!!

Click here and here for more information about the competition.


The Golden Compass.


Keep hearing your friends commenting about the Golden Compass movie?
Getting boring or reading too much of The Golden Compass review from other bloggers lately? On your mind, you keep on asking yourself:
"Why are people around the world crazing for The Golden Compass movie? Why? Why?"

Is it because of.....
The exciting fantasy adventure?
Philip Pullman's bestselling and award-winning novel?
Or the gorgeous Nicole Kidman?




Well, this movie is worth to be watched several times in the cinema. It will be great if you can own a VCD or DVD for the movie. (I mean original.. lol..)

I believe most of you've already watched the movie but sorry to say that, I haven't. How will I have the time for cinema when I was still working? I work 6 days a week and the remaining day was spent for my sick grandmother.

My parents and my siblings were 'ranting' me to treat them for The Golden Compass movie using my salary (which is very little) because they've found out the movie is as interesting as Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Ring. How did they know? Well, they have watched the trailer from the Golden Compass official website (here) and have even read the synopsis. If I am not going to treat them, I will be in big trouble... uhhh... Call the police!! My family is threatening me...!


Here is the synopsis which has attracted them:

"From the producer of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Golden Compass is based on Philip Pullman's bestselling and award-winning novel His Dark Materials trilogy. It is an exciting fantasy adventure, set in an alternative world where people's souls manifest themselves as animals, talking bears fight wars, and Gyptians and witches co-exist. At the center of the story is Lyra, a 12 year-old girl who starts out trying to rescue a friend who's been kidnapped by a mysterious organization known as the Gobblers - and winds up on an epic quest to save not only her world, but ours as well."



OMG. I hate Google for allowing them to access those websites for information about the movie so easily. Eeerrr.... I've to spend money for 6 tickets including me in order to watch the fantasy movie in the cinema. It will be..... emm.... let me calculate it:

RM10 X 6 = RM60
RM 7 X 6 = RM42 (On Wednesday before 6pm in GSC which is impossible for us)

So.. that's mean I've to spend RM60? Uuhh?
*$ fly*

Gosh... AMBP, please let me win the prizes so that I can get my 2 tickets for the movie (and not to forget my mum polar bear.. Lolx..)
HELP!!!!
I need them!