16 December 2007

Is William Shakespeare A Gay?


(Note: I love this song a lot. Sentimental~~ You must listen this!)

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometimes declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall Death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st.

So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Sound similar? Heard this from somewhere?
Is this..... A poem? Sonnet 18?
Yup. This is a poem from a very famous English poet, William Shakespeare.



I was flipping my old literature book (secondary text book) few minutes ago and I came across with this lovely poem by Shakespeare. Memories from my past were recalled when I was still in secondary school. I still remember I had a good time learning literature in my English and Malay classes and had scored well for these subjects.

Maybe I am not a good writer, but I have a great sense for literature. I understand the hidden meaning behind a story. I can feel the emotion of the writer at that moment while he/she was writing his/her work.

For instance, Sonnet 18 shows a thousand meaning if you really feel it, understand it and explore it. Brieftly, In this Sonnet 18, William Shakespeare is comparing his love one to a summer's day. He has immortalised his lover's beauty in his poem. The reason is because, he wants anyone who read his Sonnet 18 (whoever or wherever) can feel his lover's beauty- that will be lasting forever... :)

Isn't that sweet? I am trying to imply my work with his... I mean my posts.

I immortalized all my memories (including photos, secrets and video clips) in this blog so that they will not be forgotten by my readers and myself as well. Honestly, this is the main reason I blog in the very first place. I was a 'journalist' in my own secret diary, before turning into a bogger this year. To my amazement, blogging is such a cool and fun experience since I can share all my stories in the public. Besides, I can make new friends from all around the world and finally, manage to earn few cents from advertlets, nuffnang and adsense. Isn't that great?

If William Shakespeare is still alive and he find out this cool blogging stuff, I believe he will be a very famous, popular, rich, interesting celebrity blogger in this blogosphere. Uuhhh.... what a waste..


Still remember Romeo and Juliet story? He wrote it. I really admire him for his passion in literature and art.. ;)

Oh no. Now I remember the reason why blog for this post. A BIG Question from me.
Is William Shakespeare a gay?

I heard this from a teacher. Is that true? If he's gay... who is the person that Shakespeare is trying to immortalise in his Sonnet 18?
Uuhhh???