12 May 2009

The Interesting Part Of Kuala Selangor - Food & Scenery

I believe everyone in Malaysia knows Kuala Selangor pretty well even without reading this post, yes? Well, if the answer is no, I am sorry to say that you're not a 'Cuti-Cuti Malaysia' supporter. Ok. I don't mean not a 100% 'Cuti-Cuti Malaysia' supporter but partially. The reason is, Kuala Selangor is one of the biggest attractions in Malaysia and hardly no one knows nothing about it.

Still can't think of anything about Kuala Selangor?
Well, let me remind you about the fireflies? The picturesque lighthouse? Fresh seafood?

I guess your mind is processing..


fireflies, fireflies, fireflies...
lighthouse, lighthouse, lighthouse...
seafood, seafood, seafood...


It is OK if you still can't seem to generate any idea on these 3 keywords because you can google them or click on these websites to find out more about fireflies and lighthouse. While the seafood, just leave it to me as I am going to bring you to my journey in discovering fresh seafood. Emm.. yummy..

More about Kuala Selangor: link1, link2, link3

Few days ago, my family and I had been to Kuala Selangor for a small trip. We were there to hunt for good restaurant and fresh fishs. Of course, we gained both of them.

I have discovered that there are quite a number of restaurants along the river. The best thing is, we managed to dine in a restaurant with cheap price and with the best scenery. Isn't that wonderful?













We ordered 4 type of dishes, 4 plates of rice, one glass of orange juice and one pot of Chinese tea for only RM63. Seriously, you can't get this price in big town - especially in Kuala Lumpur. The spicy asam fish is really big and yummy.

Uuhh... I wish I can taste it again.. =P








After lunch, we had been to the Kuala Selangor market to restock our fridge with fresh fishes. The good news is, this market will open from morning till evening. That's mean, even if you are working, you still can get them during lunch hour or after work.




The price is reasonable and don't worry. If you know any bargain skills, use them.. :)




Frankly, I really like this place although it might be a little quiet during weekday. I may visit Kampung Kuatan for fireflies again in future. I had been there during my secondary school trip - about 5 years ago. Those mosquitoes! Eeerrrr..... But it was worth it.. :)