29 May 2012

Dear, I……

Ok.
I did what I was not suppose to do again.
Sigh….

 

I lost my phone for the 2nd time again in my life, minus 2 times being stolen. I swore I was being very careful… But, sigh.. This time, it dropped at the garden when I was busy shooting photo with Jane. I guess, it fell off from my tight pocket unconsciously. We both tried very hard to search around the suspected area, even talked to the workers but the result was expected.

 

I don’t think I deserve to use a mobile phone anymore. Probably I should just live a primitive life *smack myself*

 

One of the hardest moments is not to live without a mobile phone (I am living such a life now till I got back my number) but to inform le petit ami, (boyfriend in French) about the lost of his handphone.

 

My nervous system had already played its roles when the decision to inform the boyfriend came into my mind (surprisingly not to mum or dad anymore). I was imagining such a reaction:

 

*****

 

Me: Dear… Could I tell you something?
Calv: Yes my dear?

calvin1


Me:
Do you know you have such a charming smile?
*using the art of language I learned from Psychology*

Calv: Everyone knows that *smile*


calvin2


Me:
And, can I tell you another thing?

Calv: You can tell me anything, of course. What is it? *smile*

calvin3


Me: Promise you will not be angry? *gulp*

Calv: I’ve told you that you can tell me anything right?  Tell me lah~

Me: Oohh.. Ok.. I have lost your handphone at the garden today. I… am.. sorry..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

calvin4

.

.

.

Calv: Say again?

.

.

*****

 

Those negative thoughts had conquered my mind and I could feel my heart beating furiously when the phone call received by le boyfriend. I have decided to bare the consequences so I am ready for the ‘say again’ moment.

 

To my surprise, he took it calmly and didn’t show any disappointment or anger towards the lost of his favorite phone. He even consoled me but at the same time advicing me not to use handphone anymore. Lol.. I’m joking. He advice me not to buy expensive phone in future.

 

I think I should. Or get an old phone like the bottle like one so that it is easily spotted when it dropped again. I guess, no one would be interested to stole such a bulky-out-dated-phone. Haha..

 

I am lucky to have such a caring and forgiving partner. This has reminded me about Dr. Randy Pausch on The Last Lecturer when he has reminded us that, “People are more important than things”. There is no need to hurt a person when you know the thing can be replaced. This is exactly what has been reflected through Calv’s action. I am thankful to both my boyfriend and God. I have learned something through the lost of the phone and the way he handle an issue.'

 

Still, a fruitful day for me… =)