17 February 2008

Big Big Roasted Pork For 9th CNY

Few days ago, I went back to my hometown again in Penang for the 9th of Chinese New Year. It's a big day for my family. Well, not all of the Chinese will celebrate this "Ti Gong"(The God of the Sky) day but most of the Hokkien will do the offering.

So, here are some photos for the day.... ;)

As soon as we reached there, each of us was busy helping around including my mum, aunt and uncle.
Everyone was busy coping sugar-cane. It will be used for the offering. Oohhh..... I love sugar cane!


How about me?
What was my job? Haha... besides being a personal photographer for my curryegg.com blog, I became a nanny for this little girl........

My mum was giving a piece of sugar cane to her. It looks like a cage for me from this angle. Oopss....
Uhh.... she smiled so sweetly... ;D
Ok then. This angle is better. Haha...

My favorite photos during this event:



My mum and aunt did this. Beautiful? We call it as "gold paper" which will bring wealth to the family..

Ahhww.... Roasted pork!
This is my cousin-William. Thank him for lending me his computer whenever I went back. Hehe....
My aunt- praying...

The dragon joss stick-nice?
After doing all the praying, we folded the "gold papers" and gather them in a corner.
My cousin - Alice, Kiiro...
:D
Within half an hour, we had managed to finish all the folding work... Wow! Just like Mount Kinabalu? haha...
Soon, my mum put on the fire on the papers and puff! Camp fire!
Muahaha.....

ONCE the papers turned into ashes, "eating ceremony" began. Still remember my previous CNY post about the huge roasted pork? Ya. We had it this year. It was really huge! And crispy too! Sorry Mac for not able to be there. It's ok. I've the photos for you. Hehe....

This year pork!
Last year pork... wuo wuo..... click here to read about this post..... ;D

My cousin and I

I miss the moment.
How I wish I can reverse the time and be there again and eat the roasted pork again.
Muahaha....